In the past, I used to cook for my beloved taste buds alone. But since my tummy—and pretty much my entire digestive system—went on strike, I began to cook for my health… and taste, of course; life would be a rather horrid thing, if I had to spend it eating foods I disliked.
Here is a recipe my Piano Man, the Little Princess and I have really enjoyed:
– 3 pieces of tilapia fillet
– ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
– 1 cup fresh kiwi chunks
– ½ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
– 3 tbs. coconut milk (I love using fresh, but canned will do just fine)
* salt to taste (I use a bit less than ¼ a tsp.)
* olive oil to grease a 9 x 9 pan (I use ¼ of a tsp. and spread it around with my fingers)
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle salt over the fish, and place in greased pan.
• Combine pineapple, kiwi, orange juice and coconut milk in a blender, and pulse until somewhat smooth. Pour the mixture over the fish. Cover the pan, and bake for 28 minutes, or until the fish becomes opaque and flakes when pulled apart with a fork.
This super moist tilapia goes well with rice. I was on a veggies sort of mood, so I served it with steamed potatoes, carrots and chayote. I added ginger to the steaming water (for yumminess), then sprinkled the steamed veggies with dill (to help my tummy), and turmeric (to dull the arthritis *fingers crossed* and for a bunch of other things).
Little Princess Quote: “If this dish was on MasterChef, the judges would say, ‘It looks disgusting!’ Then they would taste it, and say, ‘But it tastes delicious!’ no offense.”
I can’t say anything about turmeric yet, since I haven’t been adding it to my food for all that long. Dill, on the other hand, is a miracle for my tummy. I started drinking ginger and citrus leaves tea and adding dill to my diet, to battle bloating… and I’m currently winning. 😉