The last pre-Witches in Fiction 2016 giveaway (The Basket):
1. A painting, by Magic Love Crow
2. A tarot reading and a past life regression, by Touch of the Goddess
3. A doll, by Olde Baggs ‘n Stuffed Shirts
4. Books, a $31.07 gift certificate/card, a tote bag, and a framed blackout poem, by moi
“Dancing around the Healing Cauldron”
“I know of freedom and bliss,” I said. The witch didn’t laugh at me, but I saw a roaring in the darkness brightening her eyes. “What! Can you teach my heart things it hasn’t felt?” The witch grinned, still silent. But this time, before walking into the woods… she beckoned me to follow.
Around a cauldron encircled by trees, gilded lakes, the moon, and forever living things, the witch introduced me to crows, dragons, festooned dolls, and telling words. “Dance with me,” she said.
We danced—my eyes open, her cackles true.
I knew of freedom and bliss, but I didn’t taste living until I danced with the Witch.
a wee note on healing (and sharing)…
– Many of us are convinced that we know what we want, what we need, and where to find it. For some, this might be true… But for most—particularly for those who have stepped into the world in search of themselves—what we want and need doesn’t become apparent until we find it. This is one of the main reasons why I believe in reaching out, in smiling at strangers (no grabbing!), in sharing my art with the world, and in delighting in the heart-bits others share with me.
“Love”, baby crow painting, sponsored by Magic Love Crow
Celtic Dragon Tarot Reading and Past Life Regression, sponsored by Touch of the Goddess
Halloween Doll, sponsored by Olde Baggs ‘n Stuffed Shirts
Books (Bailey’s Story by W. Bruce Cameron, Iron Cast by Destiny Soria, All My Friends Are Dead by Avery Monsen and Jory John), a $31.07 gift certificate/card (Etsy or Amazon), a Miss Peregrine Home for Peculiar Children tote bag, and a framed blackout poem, sponsored by moi
My silliness forgot to take pictures of the tote, but you can see it here and here.
to enter this giveaway (the mandatory entry)…
– Leave me a comment telling me if you think that there is a relationship between sharing and healing. Could sharing our art, feelings, possessions… soothe our body and soul? How?
for extra entries…
– 1st extra: In 31 words or fewer, tell me what you think is going through the baby crow’s mind.
– 2nd extra: Which do you find more exciting, the tarot reading or the past life regression. Why?
– 3rd extra: The Halloween Doll is dressed quite fancy. Where do you think she’s going?
– 4th extra: Tell me the title of the last witchy book, which made you feel… something.
– 5th extra: Share this giveaway (on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter…) and tag me.
* Witches in Fiction 2016: Spelling Healing into a Rotting World starts tomorrow. Of course, my Wicked Luvs, you can still join the witchy fun. Just follow the link.
Giveaway Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner. If you don’t have a website or social media profile, through which we can interact, please add your email to your comment. If your name comes up, and I have no way of contacting you, I’ll choose another name.
* To my Canadian Luvs, before you can claim your prize, I must challenge your math skills by asking you a very obscure question, such as… what’s 13 + .5? Yeah, as obscure as the law…
* This giveaway ends on October 24th, 2016, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winners will be selected using Random.org, and their names will be shared on October 25th.
* This giveaway is open worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.