Searching for the Shadows of Oz? Here is my entry: “Sister to Storm to Dirt to Flame”. I was going to say that this introduction reads strange and out of place, but considering the poem I wrote for the event… perhaps not so much.
Now, for Day 12 of NaPoWriMo with Magaly Guerrero 2015… When I first thought about writing 30 poems for the cruellest month, I was going to focus on topics related to chronic pain. Detachment and alienation are often at the center of the lives of people who have to alter their lifestyle due to a change in health. But there are many other situations that feed these cold, lonely monsters… Today’s prompt invites our muses to explore the difficult topics of Alienation and Detachment. The definitions below come from Dictionary.com.
1. Indifference to other people or to one’s surroundings; aloofness
2. Freedom from self-interest or bias; disinterest
3. The act of disengaging or separating something
1. A turning away; estrangement
2. The state of being an outsider or the feeling of being isolated, as from society
3. (Psychiatry) a state in which a person’s feelings are inhibited so that eventually both the self and the external world seem unreal
* Leave a link to your poem, as a comment. Include the title of your entry, and the direct link to your post. Example: “NaPoWriMo with Magaly Guerrero 2015”: http://magalyguerrero.com/napowrimo-with-magaly-guerrero-2015/. Visit other Wicked Darlings and comment on their yum. They might visit you back (it’s polite).
* If you use this prompt, please link it to your post. And if you are feeling extra delicious, link your poem to the main entry. Show others where to go. Spread the word. Linking back to the source will bring you closer to wonderfully Wicked Darlings.
“Dearest Detachment”, by Megan Sterling