She dresses in moonlight and night breeze, is thankful for what she can give, and for the smiles the giving breeds. She has little money but feels hugely rich, sharing laughter, hopes and ideas… plus the wonders her brush caresses into being. She thanks Nature for cheery frogs and curious cats, for children who enjoy being one with all things, for stones with meanings that last. In her jolliest dreams, the world isn’t rotting… its health isn’t something one must buy with cash.
she cares not for gold—
love is made of wild daisies
crowning a child’s brow
“Healing”, by Shelle Kennedy
a wee note on healing…
– A beloved friend told me that in order “to make the world ‘less rotten’, we need to give what we really want ourselves, not something we don’t desire or have need of.” My friend is wise—giving useful things is rather nice… but giving things we love births pure magic.
to enter this giveaway (the mandatory entry)…
– Leave me a comment telling me what comes to mind when you look at Shelle’s painting.
for extra entries…
– 1st extra: Write a witchy tale (31 words of fewer)… include the words: healing and giving.
– 2nd extra: Share this giveaway (on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter…) and tag me.
– 3rd extra: Name the monkey in the third picture, and tell me why you gave him said name.
1 day until Witches in Fiction 2016: Spelling Healing into a Rotting World. Have you joined?
Giveaway Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner. If you don’t have a website or social media profile, through which we can interact, please add your email to your comment. If your name comes up, and I have no way of contacting you, I’ll choose another name.
* To my Canadian Luvs, before you can claim your prize, I must challenge your math skills by asking you a very obscure question, such as… what’s 13 + .5? Yeah, as obscure as the law…
* This giveaway ends on October 24th, 2016, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winner will be selected using Random.org, and her or his name will be shared on October 25th.
* This giveaway is open to worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.