The cruellest month is nearing its end… only a couple of bites left. I’ve been having all sorts of fun poetizing our April dearest. Have you been delighting in poetry? I hope so, for having fun with words is pure yum for the soul. Below are 5 of the 28 Dark Poem Bits I have shared on Instagram and Facebook in April. I am adding this post to Open Link Night at dVerse. Go ahead, my Wicked Luvs, pick a favorite… tell me what you like about it… and I’ll expand the bit most liked in the weeks to come. Yes, April, you don’t get all the yum. May must get some, too.
“Madness and Moonless Nights”
Madness and moonless nights are kissing
cousins. Yes, she has tasted them both…
but, in the dark, she can’t tell whose lips
are driving the mind out of her skull.
– inspired by a quote provided by Sanaa Rizvi. Go HERE to read the quote.
Your kisses carved lies
all over my backbone.
I defleshed my spine,
rubbed it on dirt to forget.
But bones have strong memories,
and soil always remembers
the salt of tears and hurt.
– inspired by an AlmaMia Cienfuegos quote provided by moi. Go HERE to read the quote.
Bite me, and I will
bite back. And remember,
betrayed teeth cut equally
through old friends
and new foes.
– inspired by a Jake Roberts quote provided by moi. Go HERE to read the quote.
Darkness builds her home
in wood, mortar and stone.
She digs her nails deeper
with the setting of the sun.
In the brightest human souls,
Darkness finds a catacomb.
– inspired by a Stephen King quote provided by Denise Scoville. Go HERE to read the quote.
all muck dwellers squeal,
when the heavens weep hot oil
down storm drain cities
– inspired by a quote provided by Debra, She Who Seeks. Go HERE to read the quote.
One more thing, everyone needs something bright, surreal and wild in their home garden. If you’ve yet to do so, go ahead and enter my current giveaway. See if These Roots Were Made for Walking home to you. Something tells me that they probably were. I mean, look at those blooms. 😉