I want to start Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances (the pre-party) with love that dares to see the light through the darkest of times. The following poem, inspired by Sunshine Shelle’s “Til Death”, feels just right to my Muse and witchy heart.
“Loving You through the Veil”
My words taste of you,
sing your scent into my dreams
until my all is you and me
Last spring, I rained
morning after morning…
and at night
summer scorched your absence
into my skin.
I await the fall,
when October thins
and you feel me, still
loving you through the Veil.
linked to Poets United, Poetry Pantry 272
“Til Death” (work in progress), by Sunshine Shelle
Shelle’s desk, showing “Mistress Moon” (mine!) and “Til Death”
Shelle’s Driftwood Castle, where wicked delicious art is born
(I just love it, so I had to show you… and giggle)
pre-Witches in Fiction 2015, first giveaway:
paintings and a gift voucher from Sunshine Shelle
“Til Death” is 1 of the 3 gifts, with which my dearest Shelle is sponsoring Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances. 3 prizes, for 3 lucky Wicked Luvs:
1st Prize – “Til Death” (the finished piece)
2nd Prize – a customized painting, by Shelle (the winner dictates)
3rd Prize – a $20 voucher for any of the shops sponsoring the party (except Shelle’s)
Here is how to enter this giveaway: Leave a comment telling me what bits of my poem and of Shelle’s painting caught your attention, and why. For one extra entry, share your thoughts on the phrase, “Till death us do part”. Wishing for a second extra entry? Share this post on Facebook (tag me and Sunshineshelle Artist & Art). And you can get a third extra entry, if you add these words at the end of your comment: “Magaly, do throw my name into your witchy cauldron!” Good luck, my Luvs. 😉
Giveaway Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winners. If you don’t have a website or social media profile, through which we can interact, then please add your email to your comment. If your name comes up, and I have no way to contact you, I will choose another name.
* You can group all your entries in a single comment—or not… the choice is yours.
* To my Canadians, before you can claim your prize, I must test your mathematical brilliance by asking you a very obscure question, such as… what’s 13 + .5? Yeah, obscure…
* All Witches in Fiction 2015 giveaways will end on October 20th, 2015, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winners will be chosen using Random.Org, and announced on October 21st, 2015.
* This giveaway is open worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.
This is a pre-party post. Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances won’t take place until October 17th; to join the celebration, click the link.