The forest speaks to her. When she walks into her garden at dawn, the sun shines an ear towards the blood fueling her wild heart, and waits for growing things to welcome their witch. “What will we brew today”, the green things chant to their witch. Luck? Mirth? A bit of lust? A lot of love?” The witch smiles at Primrose and Dandelion, feels Violet caress her skin… and says, “Today, my sweets, we reap, we crush, we boil, we change, we give… we spell healing.” And they do.
out of the soil, rich
healing grows gentle and strong
through rue and hyssop
a wee note on healing…
– Whenever I write about Rue—wild girl… lover of green—my heart fills with ease. It’s not just that she can craft healing magic out of herbs, but… there is something wondrous about her voice, about the way she approaches Nature. If you win this giveaway, you’ll experience what I mean right on your skin. Until then, fly over to her blog. Read her words, and you might find yourself equally bewitched. Jen Rue exudes living magic. She also shares her yum on Facebook.
to enter this giveaway (the mandatory entry)…
– Leave me a comment telling me which of the 4 items Rue is giving away intrigues you the most, and why. (If you must know, I’m mightily curious about “Love the Girls”—that name!)
for extra entries…
– 1st extra: Write a witchy tale (28 words of fewer), which includes the words: healing and herbs.
– 2nd extra: Share this giveaway (on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter…) and tag me.
– 3rd extra: Visit Three Cats and a Broomstick… come back to tell me about your favorite item.
4 days until Witches in Fiction 2016: Spelling Healing into a Rotting World. Have you joined?
Giveaway Rules, details and stuff…
* I need to be able to contact the winner. If you don’t have a website or social media profile, through which we can interact, please add your email to your comment. If your name comes up, and I have no way of contacting you, I’ll choose another name.
* To my Canadian Luvs, before you can claim your prize, I must challenge your math skills by asking you a very obscure question, such as… what’s 13 + .5? Yeah, as obscure as the law…
* This giveaway ends on October 24th, 2016, at 10:13 pm, EDT. The winner will be selected using Random.org, and her or his name will be shared on October 25th.
* This giveaway is open worldwide, excluding any place where prohibited by law.