“My words taste of you
I await the fall,
when October thins
and you feel me, still
loving you through the Veil.”
This year, we are using fiction, crafts, poetry, sculptures, painting, myths, and a slice of life or three to celebrate the memories of loved ones who no longer dance in the world of the living.
The journey started with “‘Til Death”, a painting by Sunshine Shelle. You saw the work in progress in the first pre-party post; now you get to witness the magic of the finished piece. For the chance to win “‘Till Death”, a customized painting by Shelle, and/or a $20 voucher, fly over to “Loving You through the Veil” and enter the first Witches in Fiction 2015 giveaway.
The celebration was carried forward by Three Cats and a Broom, in the shape of Davide Corsi’s The Ghost Tarot; read Shaking It and Twisting It until It Says Yes, to enter the giveaway.
No remembrance event would be quite complete without a graveyard. So please follow the link to “A Rattle and a Wee Book on Her Grave”, for a chance to win the Gothic Miniatures’ handmade book that inspired the tale with the graveyard in it.
At the heart of Death Rites and Remembrances, Eliora’s Loved One Honoring Ritual Chest planted the seed that sprouted a poem of “Love, Death, [and] Memories”. Losing someone we love hurts, regardless of circumstances… Eliora’s giveaway offers gentle soothing for the soul.
Speaking of soothing, Alchemy & Ashes’ giveaway contains Salem Village Cider Soap and a Spiced Orange Lip Balm, which should offer needed calm… while we “Remember the Witches”.
The sixth (and last) Witches in Fiction 2015 giveaway is a virtual basket put together by Magic Love Crow, Rhissanna, Touch of the Goddess, and the Wickedest Witchy Writer of Them All (yes, moi). Just open the door to my previous post, to delight in Seven Dark Haiku and a Basket Full of Yum.
“Evermore” (detail), by Magic Love Crow
“Skull Tea Set”, by Rhissanna
“Clean and Clear Smudging Mist”, by Touch of the Goddess
From Magaly Guerrero:
~ a $31 credit for any of the shops sponsoring the party
~ an e-copy of AlmaMia Cienfuegos and Other Stories
~ an e-copy of Thorn in Red
~ and, an e-copy of Blooming Howls
Instructions for the Wicked darling Partiers:
Please leave me a comment sharing your thoughts about this post or about what this year’s party did (or is doing) for you. At the end of the comment, add the title of your post and the direct link to it (for an example of what I mean, read the first comment). Every couple of hours (while I’m awake), I will add your posts to the Party List as you leave the direct links at the end of your comments. This will become the party archive.
– Magaly Guerrero – Death Rites and Remembrances (Witches in Fiction 2015)
– Olde Baggs n’ Stuft Shirts (Oma Linda) – Death Rites and Remembrances…
– Kestril’s Rhythms and Groove (Rommy) – “Rosemary”
– Little Gothic Horrors – Witches in Fiction: Death Rites and Remembrances
– Catch a Fire (Sarah) – Death Rites & Remembrance: Witches in Fiction 2015
– Verse Escape (Hedgewitch) – “The Eclipsed”
– Diary of Bones (Bones, aka Katy Magee) – bits of death, as remembrances
– Dreaming of Rosemary (Georgina) – Death rites and remembrances – Witches in fiction
– Daydream Believer (Gina) – Witches in fiction 2015 ~ Death Rites and Remembrance…
– Rhissanna – Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances
– Sunshine Shelle – Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances…
– She Who Seeks – Witches in Fiction 2015 — Death Rites and Remembrances
– Notes from the Underground (Ashtoreth) – Dancing with the dead
– Pen and Feather (Sharon) – “Just Not Today” for Witches in Fiction 2015
– Emotion (Sometimes) Recollected in Tranquility (Esther) – “Tiny Beads of Magic Dust”
– Gypsy Spirit Rising (Holly) – Witches In Fiction 2015 ~ Death Rites & Remembrances
– Ms Misantropia – Witches in Fiction: Death rites and remembrances
– LeeSmithBlog (Witchyy) – Flirting with Death
– Rue & Hyssop (Rue) – Death Rites and Remembrances: My Grandfather’s Music
– The Scrawler’s Wall (Ben) – Witches in Fiction 2015: “Sunday Ritual”
Thanks so much for participating in Witches in Fiction 2015… Death Rites and Remembrances. Do visit the Wicked darling Partiers who chose to add their touch, time and thoughts to this event. The experience has already been extra rewarding for me… I wish, I wish, I wish the very same for you.
♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
“‘Til Death”, by Sunshine Shelle (detail)