Witches in Fiction is an art-full event for likeminded people who wish to celebrate short fiction, poetry, crafts, painting, sculptures, myths, and all the artful things that bring smiles (and the occasional cackle) into a world with witches and magic in it (details and instructions after the party lists).
• Catch a Fire (Sarah)
• Daydream Believer (Gina)
• Diary of Bones (Bones, aka Katy Magee)
• Dreaming of Rosemary (Georgina)
• Emotion (Sometimes) Recollected in Tranquility (Esther)
• Gypsy Spirit Rising (Holly)
• Kestril’s Rhythms and Groove (Rommy)
• LeeSmithBlog (Witchyy)
• Little Gothic Horrors
• Magaly Guerrero
• Ms Misantropia
• Notes from the Underground (Ashtoreth)
• Olde Baggs ‘n Stuft Shirts (Oma Linda)
• Pen and Feather (Sharon)
• Rue and Hyssop (Jen)
• The Scrawler’s Wall (Ben)
• She Who Seeks (Debra)
• Sunshine Shelle
• Verse Escape (Hedgewitch)
This year’s theme is Death Rites and Remembrances; meaning that we can write, or paint, or sculpt… pieces about rituals associated with death and how we celebrate, honor and/or remember those whose flesh has left the world of the breathing.
Need an example? Well, I’m adding a few: “Praying Him into an Angel”, a short story; “My Memories in Your Whiskey”, a poem; “Carnival of Bones” and “Till Death We Do Part”, by Sunshine Shelle, paintings; Eliora’s “Loved One Honoring Ritual Chest”, crafts; “You Should Dance When I Die”, poem/post combination (the post part could stand alone as an example of a ritual related to death)… These are just a handful of ideas to spark your imagination. You can choose to post about anything from banshees to professional mourners to graveyard curiosities to why different cultures approach death and dying in such different ways. Through this event, I wish for us to explore death as a part of life… by using the arts that make us feel alive.
Rules, Dates, Logistics and Such:
– To participate, tell me why you’re joining Death Rites and Remembrances; include a link to your blog at the end of your comment, and I’ll add your name to the Party List (see below).
– Your entry must focus on death rituals. Witches and magic motifs are optional. And extremely cool, of course… Then again, I might be a tad biased. 😉
– Join the party (leave a comment and link) before the end of October 15th.
– Try to publish your party post around Midnight, Oct. 17th, 2015, EDT. On the Day of the party, I’ll provide a place for your direct link; said place will serve as archive.
* This last bit is not a rule, but it would be really nice if you grabbed the party button and added it to your site… and Blogged about this entry… and Share it around the web… and Danced merrily because you’re loved and alive.
That’s all I have for now, my Luvs. Questions? Ask them here. Suggestions? Make them here. Feel like cackling? Go for it; it’s good for you. And I’ll will see your cackle and raise you a roar. Oh, and if you change your mind after joining the party, please send me an email as soon as you can, and I’ll remove your name from the list.
And yes, there will be giveaways… as always.
* The party theme was inspired by a friend who lost a bit of her soul earlier this year… But what death took hasn’t kept her from celebrating the memories or the miracle of being alive.
* “Till Death We Do Part”, the art for the party banner, is the work of the deliciously talented, Michelle Kennedy of Sunshine Shelle. I do hope you feel the urge to grab the party button and add it to your sidebar *cough, cough, cough*.