I was craving a bit of crunch. And since The Boy has been asking for quick, healthy recipes with yummy veggies in them, I grabbed some green beans, mushrooms, pecans, broccoli stalk… and crafted a meal to please the tummy and The Boy.
– 1 cup of green beans, cut
– 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
– ½ cup of broccoli stalk, remove the skin and then cut in small chunks
– 13 pecan halves, crushed and roasted
– 1 tsp. of olive oil
– 1 tbsp. of vinegar (you can use less, I just like my vinegar)
– dill, turmeric, salt
Preparation (about 30 minutes):
– Heat the oil in a medium size pan. Sauté the veggies on high heat (broccoli bits first, after a minute add the green beans, after another minute add the mushrooms). Stir often (I’m paranoid, so I stir continuously). When the beans reach your preferred degree of tenderness (about 9 minutes for me), add the dill and turmeric. Cook, while stirring, for another minute… then add the vinegar and salt.
Please note that because of my tummy issues, I don’t eat onions or garlic or anything too spicy. So, feel free to experiment… I always do. I add dill, turmeric (and ginger) to most of my meals because of their healing properties (and because they taste freaking yummy). This is a whole meal for me. 301 calories.
So, my Wicked Luvs, what are you cooking today?